Shopping Cart

Congrats! Free shipping unlocked!
0% 100%

Your Cart is Empty!

Looks like you haven’t added anything to your cart yet.

We've sent you an email with a link to update your password.


Reset your password

We will send you an email to reset your password.

Create Account

Can Water Temperature And Quality Affect The Taste Of Your Tea?

Can Water Temperature And Quality Affect The Taste Of Your Tea

Sitting back, relax and thinking of the best moments of yours will definitely bring pleasure when you have a cup of your favorite tea in hand. Perhaps your memories are associated with a cup of tea that you are holding in your hands. Whether it is morning or evening flashbacks, you can’t compromise with one thing and that is your ‘Tea’.

If tea is love for you, you might feel obsessed with the best taste. But, have you ever thought that anything that goes wrong with water temperature and its quality could affect the taste of your favorite tea? Your tea is about 1% cuppa and the rest 99% is about water. Therefore, your water quality and the temperature is the main ingredient that does not only influence the aroma but also the taste of your tea. Apart from the quality of tea, one more revenant factor that influences your tea’s taste is without doubt water.

Water Quality Affects the Taste

Hard water that contains magnesium and calcium has a bitter taste and reduces the true taste of tea. In fact, the minerals in water can react with antioxidants and reduce the nutritional value of the tea. On the contrary, soft water with a low level of trace minerals has little effect on the tea taste. This is why soft water is the best for brewing tea. Despite this, mineral content, hardness, pH levels are some of the various factors that affect the quality of water.

You just don’t only take such factors into consideration but also consider using freshwater to prepare the tea. Make sure you don’t use the water stand in the kettle for long if you don’t want the water to reduce the taste of tea.

Temperature of Water Influences the Taste

It might seem water temperature is a controversial topic. Of course, a gentle boil does not allow the tea to release the flavor. On the other hand, tea leaves develop a dull taste with a robust boil. That’s why you should boil water enough that allows it to bring oxygen to the water. Apart from this, the temperature of the water may vary depending on the type of tea you use. Here are some details that let you decide how to prepare a particular type of tea:

-Green Tea

Green Tea

Green Tea

Green tea comes with different quality and a good source of antioxidants. The highest quality of tea should be brewed with cooler temperature and should be between 80°- 85 °C. On the contrary, low-quality green tea tastes better if brewed at high temperatures.

- White Tea

White Tea

White Tea

White tea comes with low caffeine content and a high level of antioxidants. This is what makes white tea the most delicate teas. Of course, a poor way to prepare a tea can ruin the entire flavor of the white tea. The white tea can be brewed at around the temperature of 80°- 85 °C.

- Black Tea

Black Tea

Black Tea

Two-third of the world’s population consumes black tea and should be brewed between 90°- 95°C. Black Tea has antioxidant properties and helps you boost your heart health. The black tea is also good at reducing blood pressure. You just need to grab a quality black tea and can drink on daily basis.

- Oolong Tea

 Oolong Tea

Oolong Tea

Weight loss and weight maintenance won’t be a task with Oolong tea. This tea is semi-oxidized and helps reduce cholesterol level and promote heart health. The Oolong tea is brewed between 85 to 90 degrees Celsius. You just need quantity of 2.5 grams and 4 to 5 minutes to prepare it.

Stay informed about the effect of water is the best way to double the pleasure of sipping your favorite tea while recalling the best memories from your past. Now, keep in mind that the quality and temperature of the water can affect the taste of tea. Therefore, use water of good quality and be sure to brew tea at the right temperature.



  • How does temperature affect the brewing of tea?
    Too Hot, Water temperatures that are too hot dissolve tannins and destroy the other desirable compounds in tea. Thermal shock from overly hot water can also burn sensitive tea leaves. The result will be a bitter, astringent, and unbalanced brew.

  • Why does my tea taste like hot water?
    If you ever feel like your tea just tastes like hot water and you really can't get any flavour, you may not have used enough tea leaves for the amount of water. If you ever feel like your tea is way too strong, then you may have used too many leaves for the amount of water.

    Inclusive of all Taxes.
    • SKU :
    • Availability :
    • Brand :
    View Detail

    Item added to cart! View Cart.
    RS. {{amount}}